Johnson & Johnson joins Coca-Cola, Kraft Foods, Pepsi, Wal-Mart, and others in leaving ALEC high and dry. Why does that matter here? Well, ALEC's been very busy in the Mississippi Legislature over the past few years, especially with Republican members. Here are some previous Cottonmouth posts on ALEC and Mississippi legislators:
- ALEC meetings, steak dinners, and Mississippi legislators
- The connection between ALEC, AT&T, and Rep. Jim Beckett
- Who is ALEC? And why should you care?
- Live Blogging of the battle over HB 122, the so-called "Sunshine Act"
- A look at who is behind the Mississippi immigration legislation
- The AP picks up on Rep. Gary Chism's self-dealing and ALEC connections
Congratulations to Johnson & Johnson for following in the footsteps of the others and getting out of ALEC.