- It looks as though DeSoto County would add two more representatives under the Denny plan, which would put them at 10.
- District 122, currently represented by Rep. David Baria (D - Bay St. Louis), exploded in size, taking over a good portion of freshman Rep. Timmy Ladner's (R - Poplarville) territory.
- Rep. Cecil Brown's District 66 was taken out of Jackson and pushed into southern Hinds County.
- Rep. Brad Oberhausen's District 73 has been shipped to Madison County.
- This map is substantially different than the "One Percent" plan the Republicans pushed last year as being the best and most fair plan. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Quick and dirty analysis of Denny maps
It's hard to tell too much from the photos in this post, but here's what I've gathered so far: