Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jackson Free Press interviews Brandon Jones about the MDT

R.L. Nave at the Jackson Free Press has an article in this week's paper in which he interviews Brandon Jones about the Mississippi Democratic Trust.  Here are some excerpts:

Q: From what I know of it, the Mississippi Democratic Trust's aim is to support Democratic candidates. What does that mean?
A: I don't think I'm saying anything that's all that profound when I say we as Democrats have done a poor job at laying out our vision, and we've done a poor job keeping pace with Republicans when it comes to messaging and fundraising.  
Q: Why aren't Democrats doing these things already?
A: When you are able to win elections without running modern campaigns, the muscles you use to communicate and fund raise atrophy. Over the course of time, Democrats, despite not running modern campaigns, have been able to have some electoral success.
 The entire article is a good read, and I recommend it.

No comments: