· working for State Funding to attract the General Electric Facility to Batesville and the Winchester expansion to Oxford -- together adding over 1500 jobs to the local economy in a time of recession;McBride has been a dedicated and honorable legislator. Through his efforts, Warner McBride helped to make Mississippi a better place. For that, we should all be grateful.
· fighting for increased funding for K-12 education;
· promoting increased access to better and more affordable health care particularly mental health care;
· providing leadership as Chairman of the Transportation Committee to push forward a plan to 4-lane Highway 6 between Batesville and Clarksdale; to 4-lane Highway 7 South of Oxford; to construct a new, safer Jackson Avenue – Highway 6 Interchange in Oxford
· crafting $300 million in transportation bond issue that will allow improvements to several unsafe bridges in the area.
Friday, April 22, 2011
More on Rep. Warner McBride's retirement
Patsy Brumfield penned an article earlier this week about the retirement of Rep. Warner McBride (D-Courtland). Rep. McBride served in the House from 1992 to 2011, and Brumfield lists what McBride calls his proudest accomplishments: